Summer is a great time for outdoor activities and travel, but it’s important to continue practicing good oral hygiene habits. Here are some top oral health tips for the summer:
- Stay hydrated: Dehydration can cause dry mouth, which can increase the risk of tooth decay and gum disease. Be sure to drink plenty of water and avoid sugary drinks.
- Limit sugary treats: Summer is a time for ice cream and other sweet treats, but too much sugar can increase the risk of tooth decay. Limit your consumption of sugary treats and brush your teeth after eating them.
- Wear a mouthguard: Summer sports and activities can increase the risk of dental injuries. Wear a properly fitted mouthguard to protect your teeth and prevent injuries.
- Pack a travel toothbrush: If you’re traveling this summer, don’t forget to pack a travel toothbrush and toothpaste. Brush your teeth twice a day and floss daily to maintain good oral hygiene while away from home.
- Choose healthy snacks: Snacking on fruits and vegetables can help promote good oral health. They are high in water and fiber, which can help clean teeth and stimulate saliva production.
- Don’t skip dental appointments: Summer is a busy time, but it’s important to keep up with regular dental check-ups and cleanings. This can help prevent dental problems and keep your teeth and gums healthy.
Follow these top tips to maintain good oral health during this summer.